Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Here you go, Lori!

I've been told by my hubby that he has received complaints that I haven't blogged much lately. So here you go. :-)

The girls and I went to McCall on March 1st with Amanda, Trudy, and Mom to spend a weekend away before Trudy moves to California. She leaves next week, and we're all pretty bummed; but it was a great excuse to get away! We had a nice little suite with two bedrooms which was great because I could put the girls down at night and then spend some time with my sisters and mom. Of course, then I had to head back into the room to sleep inbetween my two sleeping beauties. While they are quite beautiful when they sleep, they don't sleep still and peaceful like Sleeping Beauty. I was kicked, punched, pushed, smooshed, and even rolled on. The bed was a king, but they seemed to sense my presence and felt the need to touch me all night long. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. I don't know how my mom does this every other Friday when they spend the night with her.

Here are some pictures from our trip. There was snow up there though not as much as I expected there to be. Apparently that came the day we left and the following few days. We wanted to go to the Activity Barn and do some sledding, but it closed early on Sundays and was closed on Monday. So we found our own little hill, Amanda bought a couple sleds, and we headed out for some fun. The girls loved it and went over and over. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures of this fun.

We spent some time walking around McCall and found a few ice sculptures still left from the Winter Carnival. It was kinda hard to tell what some of them were supposed to be, but the girls had fun guessing and playing around in them.


Morgan loves to play in the snow. I'm not sure what she's doing here. It almost looks like some sort of yoga pose.



Sitting in the snow wasn't enough. Now she had to lay down in it. Notice that she is not wearing snowpants. She doesn't care. She loves snow.




Peeking through the snow heart. Notice that she is wearing a skirt and her dress shoes. I did make her wear socks, which didn't look so hot. But we were walking through the snow!! She really could care less if she is cold. She will NOT wear pants.



More fun with the snow heart.



Snowball fight! Morgan was the one who always started these. Even when she wasn't wearing gloves. Did I mention that she loves the snow?




Next we took time for hot chocolate




and some time to read the paper.



Then we had to spend time in the pool. I've never seen Bailee have so much fun in the water. She's always loved the idea of swimming, but didn't really like to get very wet. This time was different, and it was so much fun. I was wishing that Ben could be there to enjoy it. He has been waiting for this moment for awhile!


Morgan, on the other hand, would only go this deep.



Bailee even wanted to learn how to float.




I really like this picture. It is so sassy!

We also got to paint pottery. The girls loved this. Bailee painted a wand and Morgan painted a bowl for her cereal.


You can't see it very well in this picture, but Morgan painted with her tongue out. It was so cute!


So that was our girls trip. The day we left, we woke up to this:



I was a little bit worried since I was driving home by myself, and I wasn't sure what it would be like through the mountains. The road was snow-covered, but not too slick. Once we got to this side of Cascade, it was just wet. We had a lot of fun, but I was happy to get home to Ben. I sure do miss that guy when we're not together!

2 comments:

Drama Queens said...

I LOVE Morgan's cereal bowl! Does she still eat grape nuts all the time? She's so funny...that's so classic Bailee paints a dramatic wand and Morgan paints a practical cereal bowl!

Micki said...

What a fun trip! I always liked McCall. I've been there for the snow carnival once. I went with Eric (a guy I dated when I was a Junior) and his family. I wish I had went with you and your mom and sisters instead!

Glad you had a good time,but sorry that Trudy will be leaving you all.

HUGS!!