So Bailee saw a game last week that she really wanted, but we told her that we wouldn't buy it for her right now. She was so sad. On the way home I started thinking that this would be a great opportunity to teach her the value of working for the things that you want. So Ben and I decided that if she would spend the morning working outside with us, we would buy her the game. She did awesome!


She helped Ben pull up a bush and cut it into pieces small enough to be bagged. She really did work although it doesn't look like it in this picture.
She raked up the leaves and branches left behind by the bush.
She picked up rocks along the fence.
She worked outside for about three hours and was so proud of herself.
And she asked Ben if she worked for a couple more days if she could get a Wii.
3 comments:
That's great! Just send her over to our house. It REALLY needs yardwork done. We'd have to buy her a Wii for helping us! ;-)
Ummm...I could spare a few hours to come work in your yard if you will buy me a Wii...or a laptop...either way, I'm not picky
I would like a Wii too Audrey, can I come do some yard work? Or maybe make cookies with your kids? I would even do the clean up.
Post a Comment