Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bailee's six!

Bailee's birthday has come and gone, and now she is six! She sure is excited about it too. The bummer part about her birthday was that she was sick. However, she had a wonderful attitude and didn't let that get her down.




There is a 15 year old girl at church (Lauren) who Bailee absolutely LOVES. She sits with her at church every Sunday morning and evening. Lauren has taught her how to find the song numbers in the book and taught her different parts to the songs. Bailee and Lauren both love to sing, and I love to hear their voices since we sit right in front of them. Anyways, Bailee really wanted Lauren to be the friend to spend the night for her birthday. I told her that I didn't think that would really work as I was pretty sure that Lauren wouldn't want to go to bed at 7:00 among other things that a six year old has to do that a 15 year old does not. I told her that we could invite Lauren to have lunch with us on Sunday though and she could be there for cake, ice cream, and presents. Bailee decided that was okay and invited another friend a little closer to her age. Well, I had to cancel the sleepover due to Bailee's cold. Lauren decided that she wanted to come to the little party anyways. I didn't tell Bailee about this so that it could be a surprise. The look on her face was priceless when she saw Lauren. That was a great present itself.



It was so much fun to watch her open her gifts. Her birthday list was short this year, and she got pretty much everything on it. She was excited about every gift.






I can't believe she is six. It is funny how you can look back on the years, and the time seems to have passed so quickly. The days, however, can be very long. But no matter what we may be going through on those long days, I love this little girl who is growing up so fast. She loves to talk and share what is going on in her life. She looks forward to school everyday and is learning so much. She is a thinker who is starting to get really good at arguing with me using logic. Not so sure what I think about that. :) She loves Bible class and enthusiastically does her lesson for Wednesday night cottage group and loves Sunday morning Bible Lab. She has already memorized many Bible verses both in school and Bible class, and she finds it quite funny that I just can't keep up with her two memory verses a week no matter how hard I try. One of her favorite places is the library, and she just got her first library card. That was a very exciting day in her little life. She loves to read and when it gets quiet, I often find her laying on her bed or on the couch with a book. I look forward to watching her grow and to seeing what God has in store for her life.

1 comment:

snugglebug said...

I like how she uses logic. I can't remember a time I didn't use it. She is SUCH a smart girl! (With an awesome name!)