Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My bed

Yesterday morning I walked into my bedroom to make my bed and found this...


When I asked who had made my bed, a sweet little voice answered, "I did, Mommy."  Sweet Morgan knows that I make my bed every morning and decided to help me out.  There was a time in my life when I would have thanked her and then "fixed" it so that it looked better.  But yesterday I decided to accept this as a demonstration of her love and left it just the way that she had made it.  She was very proud of it, and it warmed my heart everytime I walked into the room and saw it.

This morning I walked in and saw this...


It was Bailee's turn to show her love and she made my bed to surprise me.  And so I will spend another day with a messily made bed that makes me smile and reminds me of the sweet hearts of my girlies.


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

So sweet!

Drama Queens said...

ummmm I think Bailee did a pretty stinking good job!! Maybe because my bed never gets made (I have an excuse since Aaron works nights so someone is almost always in it, right??? Please say yes!)

The Lady said...

Yes.