Friday, April 22, 2011

Wedding Day!!

Activities on the big day started bright and early.  I headed over to Jaimee's parents' house to start getting ready, and Ben met up with Dave and the guys.  Bailee and Morgan spent the morning with my parents who were our lifesavers.  I don't know how we would have been able to do all this without them.

My dad and the girls all dressed and ready for the wedding.

We girls got our hair done and then watched Jaimee get hers done.  She was beautiful.



After we all had beautiful hair, we headed to the venue to get dressed.  I had the honor of doing Jaimee's makeup, and let me tell you I was super nervous.  I'd never done anyone's makeup before and doing someone's wedding makeup was soooooo much pressure.

After we were all dressed and ready to go, we took all the wedding party photos.  Remember how I said it was cold?  Oh. my. goodness.  I have never been so cold in my life.  The day itself was actually beautiful.  There was a breeze, but the sun was shining, and we were in a beautiful setting.  And if we had been allowed to wear jeans and sweatshirts, I would have been fine.  But we were in these beautiful dresses and open toed shoes that really weren't made for warmth.  The guys in their tuxes were nice and toasty, but we girls were an entirely different story.

The ceremony was wonderful.  I don't think that I've ever heard a better one.  The message was about truly becoming one with each other.  It was so personal and touching and just sooooo good.  It made me want to do better in my own marriage and just left me with a feeling of what a beautiful thing God intended marriage to be.

I got to walk down the aisle with Ben which I thought was wonderful.  Someone pointed out that you don't usually get to walk down the aisle with your hubby twice.  How lucky are we!


Here comes the bride...


After the ceremony, it was time to party.  I had to sit by the fire for a little while to warm up first.  I was trying so hard not to visibly shiver during the ceremony but was told later that someone had noticed how hard I was clutching my bouquet trying to keep my body from quaking.  And I kept my teeth clenched together or else they would have started chattering.  That might have been a little distracting.  :)

And now for picture overload.  There were too many good ones to choose from.  The last five of these were taken by Bailey Ross.  I stole them from her because I wasn't able to take many of my own.  She is a great photographer.

Me and my handsome hubby.
 
Bailee looking all grown up

Morgan looking and feeling so pretty

Oh yeah.  That's my man.  :)

 
Seriously, why can't they do this all the time???


She's looking so much more like her Daddy everyday.


Sweet, sweet Morgan.


So fun to be all dressed up together.

After the reception, we headed out to take more pictures with the Seattle skyline behind us.  It was sunset and absolutely beautiful.  And very, very cold.  I seriously thought that I might never be warm again.  But even with how cold I was, the day was wonderful and full of laughter and memories that won't soon be forgotten.

Congratulations to Dave and Jaimee.  We are soooooo thrilled for you and so grateful that we got to be part of your special day.



No comments: