It wasn't technically a total snow day as we did do some school, but the girls had a short school day today. It started snowing around 8 this morning, and it was coming down fast. We decided to skip the drive to grandma's house and just do the subjects that we had here because of all the homework Bailee brought home yesterday.
I decided to let the girls have a little fun in the snow before school because it was supposed to change to rain, and I didn't want them to miss out. One of the perks of homeschooling...a flexible schedule. They were so excited and ran out to play. Bailee had to wear my boots and gloves because I haven't gotten around to buying her snow things this year because we've had no snow. They have both grown out of their snowsuits, so I put a few layers of clothes on them instead. They sure looked cold when they came inside, but it didn't stop them from playing outside for a couple hours today. I'm so glad that they are old enough to go out alone now. I love snow from my cozy spot by the fire, but I'm not a big fan of playing in it. I do not like to be cold.
So here are some pics of the girls playing outside. It was fun watching them from the window!
| Snowman #1 |
| Of course you gotta eat a little snow! |
| You've also gotta lay in the snow and strike a pose. |
| Snowman #2 |
| And you need to warm up with some hot cocoa which apparently makes you make funny faces. |
Bailee built both snowmen by herself. I'm pretty sure these are the first ones that she's done without any help.
It is supposed to rain the rest of the week, so we'll see how long the snow sticks around. It was nice to finally see some though. I really don't like winter, but if it is going to be cold, it might as well snow. At least it is pretty!
No comments:
Post a Comment