Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring Break

Our spring break was last week, and we had a fun time!!  The weather was beautiful, and I was determined to spend as much time out of the house as possible.  It started on Friday afternoon with a field trip to Big Al's which is a bowling alley/arcade.  We were shown all around the facility including the kitchens, party rooms, and behind the bowling lanes.  It was really interesting. When we were finished, each kid was given a one hour pass to all the arcade games.  So that was pretty much heaven for Bailee.  They both had a lot of fun.
 
 
On Monday, we hiked up Table Rock.  I realized afterwards that this was probably a bit hard for a first hike with the girls.  So looking back on it, I'd have to say that they did really well.  A little whiny, but I can understand why.  I guess I had forgotten just how steep some of the places on the trail are.
 
 
We finally made it to the top, and the view was just fantastic.  So pretty.  I'm not sure that the girls thought it was worth it, but I did.
 
Can you see Morgan standing by the cross at the top?
 
After we reached the top, we ate a snack and played in the rocks for awhile.
 
 
On Tuesday we went on another little hike/walk and played in the river for a little while.  I didn't get a picture though.  :(
 
On Wednesday, we picked up Ben from work for lunch, and the girls played at the park for awhile.
 
 
On Thursday we celebrated both Mom's and Amanda's birthdays. 
 
The cake has so many candles that it looks like it's on fire!
Look at all that smoke!  Dad had to hold her hair back so that it didn't catch on fire.
This picture is a bit blurry, but Amanda's cake was pretty bright too!
On Friday we took Mom out to lunch to celebrate her birthday.  She picked Five Guys, but I'm pretty sure that is because the girls wanted to go there.
 
 
So that was our spring break.  It was nice to sleep in a little and not have a schedule.  It was our first taste of summer, and we're ready for it!!
 

No comments: