Sunday, July 6, 2014

Independence Day

I think I've come to the realization that July 4th is one of my favorite holidays.  I love how there is no pressure to this holiday.  No push to get all the food ready like on Thanksgiving and no pressure to find the perfect gift like on Christmas.  It is just a fun day of family and of celebrating our nation's birthday.  I love the patriotic feeling of the day too.

We started the day at the parade.


All the parking in the garages was free, so we were able to get a great parking spot and then walk right out onto the street for a great spot to watch the parade.  There was even some shade!  The girls enjoyed the parade, but their favorite part was at the end when the firetrucks sprayed the spectators.


By this point they were hot and ready to be wet!  Bailee was soaked by the end, and she loved every minute of it!



The rest of the day was spent relaxing at home and gearing up for a late night at the fireworks.  We always go down to the park and watch the big show.  Morgan and I missed last year because we were sick, so we were especially excited for this year.  My parents joined us, and we visited and played cards while we waited for dark.  This is the first year that Morgan didn't end up in tears.  She HATES loud noises and always has.  In the past, she has ended up in my lap, curled up in a ball and crying while I tried to cover her ears.  This year she still ended up in my lap, but she covered her own ears and actually enjoyed the show.  Though she did tell me that she didn't like the sound that they made.  Next year I need to try to remember to bring her some earplugs.


It was a great day made even better by the fact that the next day was Saturday!

No comments: