Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day this year saw us baking cookies to "surprise" daddy at work. This has become an annual tradition for us, so I don't think that Ben is too surprised anymore. Bailee does a really good job at keeping the secret. On Wednesday night on our way home from church, we stopped at Albertsons so that she, Morgan, and Ben could go in a pick out flowers for me. She was so excited and couldn't stop kissing me and telling me "Happy Valentine's Day!" Very cute! My mom had bought each of the girls a little box of chocolates. On the way home from her house, Bailee told me that she was going to save one of her chocolates for me, but they were so yummy that she forgot.

A true sign of age showed itself last night. Ben was going to take me out to a movie, but when we got to the theatre the lines were VERY long. And they were filled with giggling teenage girls. So what did we do? We turned around and left. It sure made me feel old, but I didn't want to pay a bunch of money to go see a movie and not be able to hear it because of all the girls visiting around us. We did that before, and it wasn't too enjoyable. I'm even startng to get to the point where I'll say something to them. So we are now officially an old married couple.

No comments: