Friday, February 6, 2009

Where have we been???

Wow! I've been really bad about updating lately. I guess that's because there hasn't been a whole lot going on around here. So for those of you that live out of town, here is a little update on what the girls been up to.

Bailee surprised me and was excited about the idea of getting her own room. So I've ordered her new bedding. Once that comes in, we'll pick out paint colors and get started on that room. She has already started sleeping in there and doesn't complain about it anymore since it is her room and not the guest room. Yay! She is doing great in school and impresses me daily with how well she can read. She is currently sick and the dreaded cough that she gets every winter has arrived. Poor thing had a really hard time going to sleep last night and then she was awake VERY early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep since she couldn't stop coughing. We try EVERYTHING for that cough so that she (and I) can at least get some sleep, but nothing seems to work for it. If any of you have any ideas that I haven't tried yet, I'd be more then happy to hear them. Oh! She's also lost two teeth this week.

Morgan is just hanging out and enjoying life. Right now my mom is babysitting for some friends of ours three days a week, so Morgan and I stay to play with the kids while my mom schools Bailee. Morgan loves being able to spend everyday with a friend. She is really into Barbies and dress-up right now and is always in some sort of dress-up clothes when we are home. She doesn't bend easily to her sister's demands, and so there is a lot of fighting that goes on in this house. But if she doesn't feel like she HAS to do what Bailee says, she will usually give in. She loves to tease her grandma and I over whether or not she is Grandma's partner or Mommy's partner. She tends to be partners with whoever has what she wants.

One thing that I'm loving is that they are now able to play a few games together by themselves. Right now they play Candy Land many times a day. I think that it is so great! I love to watch them enjoy playing together.

Here are a few of the very few pictures I've taken recently.






No comments: