As many of you know, Morgan has NEVER, in her entire three and a half years, been a good sleeper. She moans, talks, cries, and laughs in her sleep all night long. She wakes up anytime between 5 am and 6:30 am and is ready to go. I've tried everything to get her to sleep longer. It does not matter if she goes to bed at seven or ten, she will be up early. On New Years, she was up until 2 am because we were at a party, and she was up at 6 am. We cut out naps altogether about six or seven months ago, but that hasn't helped either.
Bailee, on the other hand, needs her sleep. She usually sleeps until 7:30 or 8, and it is a very bad day if she doesn't get enough sleep.
When we moved the playroom upstairs, we made the bedroom downstairs into a guest room. I've been so happy that we were able to do this and have an actual guest bedroom for people when they come to visit. Bailee loved to sleep in the guest room, and this was working out really well because she was getting the sleep that she needed, and I was able to start a new morning routine with Morgan. I was giving her a stack of books, a cup of juice, and a granola bar when she woke up. She would read in her bed until 7, and then I'd let her get up. This was working out really well for us. I was in a much better mood in the morning because I was getting a few minutes of alone time before Morgan was out of her room for the day, and Bailee was getting the sleep that she needed. It was great! Until two nights ago. Bailee decided that she no longer wanted to sleep in the guest bed and wanted to sleep in her own bed.
Oh these last few mornings have not been good. Morgan woke Bailee up at 6:30 yesterday and 6:00 this morning.
If you have read all this, thanks for listening to me vent. Morgan's sleeping habits are just so frustrating to me, and I'm so tired. I didn't get a night of uninterrupted sleep until she was two and even now I'm usually up at least once or twice a week with her before five. I always wanted to be a mom who was up and dressed before my kids got up. I used to do that before Morgan was born and I loved it because I felt so put together and ready to start the day. But then Morgan came along, and I wasn't about to get up at 4 just so that I could be up before Morgan.
Now I just have to break the news to Bailee.
1 comment:
Maybe if Bailee can help with the decorating? Maybe if you explain to her how important it is for her to get her sleep? I thought maybe she felt like with the queen bed, the room was too small, but they have a toy room so it's not like there's not room for her toys. Is it possible that you could put Morgan in the guest room? Good sleep is so important. I've always had children who had a hard time with sleeping until they were about 2 except for Macy. Even now we often have Claire get up in the middle of the night and Kate isn't close to sleeping all the way through. I'm thinking of you!
Post a Comment