Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Quick Trip

We recieved a call on Thursday morning letting us know that Ben's grandpa had passed away. This set into motion a very frenzied attempt to leave for the 20 hour drive to New Mexico the next day. While the circumstances of our trip were not the best, we enjoyed getting to visit with family again. Here are some highlights from our trip. This one was an adventure!


-Our windshield recieved a crack (about 1/2 inch long) about an hour or two after leaving town. Luckily it didn't continue to run which really surprised us.


- We got to sit for an hour and a half in a snow storm in Utah. The roads were so slippery, and it was snowing really hard. Apparently there were a couple jack-knifed trailers in front of us and a couple of slide-offs. I was very thankful to be safe in a warm car and that no little girl asked to go potty.


- Utah drivers are CRAZY!!! While we were sitting in the snow storm, a couple police cars and an ambulance drove by, so Ben pulled over from the center line to let them by. Then at least four Utah drivers decided that they should just pull on that side as well so that we couldn't get back into the lane. And they were moving fast. Crazy craziness! The roads were slick, people! Semis were pulled over on the side of the road putting on their chains! SLOW DOWN and be considerate!!!


- Our power steering also went out while we were sitting in the snow storm. Luckily it reset itself and was fine once we were able to turn the car off.


- We were pulled over in New Mexico because the cop thought that our tags had expired in 2006. Apparently their tags are different than ours. Our tags have the expiration month in big letters and the year in little letters and are color coded. Their tags have the year of expiration in big letters. I think he was a little embarrassed. heehee


- We missed a turn or two. No. I wasn't driving then. :-)


- I finished a Sudoku puzzle in 9 minutes 23 seconds at 9:23 pm. Wierd.


- On the way home, Bailee got sick in the hotel. She woke up fussing around 3:30 and came to my side of the bed. I figured that she must have had a bad dream but no such luck. She said something like, "I think I need a bowl." In my sleepiness, I didn't understand quite what she was asking for. I asked her what she needed, but it was too late. Ben jumped up to try to find something for her to throw up in, but the damage was done. So we threw her in the bath, and Ben called the front desk to have them come get the comforter. They were really nice about it, but I felt so bad! She only threw up the one time and never ran a fever or anything. I think it was the same type of tummy trouble that she gets when we're camping. Now if I could just figure out what causes it so that we can avoid it in the future. For now, I've told her that if she thinks that she is going to throw up, she needs to go to the bathroom instead of to me.


Now for the fun part! Pictures! I realize now that I didn't get as many as I thought that I did. The girls got to meet some new cousins, and Bailee was in heaven with so many people to play with.

Adam on the scooter.


Ben pushing Logan on the tricycle.


Morgan drawing faces. She draws on everything right now. Her favorite things are drawing people and writing "Mo" on everything.




Logan on the tricycle with his upside down classes. Very cute!


Stephanie being a good sport and letting Morgan draw her outline on the cement.



Logan finally looking at the camera!!





Bailee enjoying time with cousins.


All the great grandkids with Grandma.





And the very cute kids in the Ken Morrison group of grandkids.



It is really hard to get a good picture of these three!



Cousins!


Then we all had to take a turn on Sherry's back adjuster table thingy. I don't know what it is really called, but I can tell you that it was quite entertaining.



Stephanie and I also gave it a try, but I've chosen to be nice to Stephanie and not post her picture hoping that she will do the same for me. :-) If not...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks, I appreciate it! It's nice to have some blackmail! :-) About Bailee...I'm sorry she got sick. I have heard of something where people just sick like that when they travel. I don't remember the name of it is, and I don't really know what you can do about it. That stinks, though. :-( I think I heard about it on The Doctors, but it was only in the background, so I don't know what they said. Sorry!

Drama Queens said...

AHhh...it's an inversion table! I've never actually seen one, but heard great things! Did it fix you??