The girls actually slept in until 7:30 Christmas morning. I was shocked. They got up and went to wake everyone else up. Then Morgan called Kim to let her know that we were all up and ready to open our stockings.
Here are Ben's, Morgan's, Bailee's, and my stockings before getting torn into. |
One of the fun traditions that we have is that we don't put any presents under the tree until after the girls go to bed on Christmas Eve. Then begins the "parade of presents" where the adults bring out all the presents from their hiding places. Then when the girls get up in the morning, they get the excitement of seeing all that was put under there while they were sleeping.
| Here they are coming in and seeing everything for the first time. |
My dad made a New Year's resolution a few years ago to never wrap another present. The gifts that he gave my mom this year for her stocking were all in bags with her stocking resting on top.
After stockings, we ate breakfast. I can't tell you how impressed I am with the patience of my children on Christmas morning. WAY better than I ever was as a kid. They don't complain about having to wait, and they enjoy their breakfast with the family. Of course they are quite excited when we tell them that we're ready to open presents.
| Dad played Santa and this year wore his Santa hat over his new ball cap. |
| Bailee got a Nintendo DS. |
I asked Ben to get a picture of Morgan opening her new American Girl Doll because she had been asking for it for a couple months and I knew that she was going to be so excited. I was right. Ben couldn't get a good shot because she was moving so fast in her excitement, but I think this picture shows how excited she really was.
They got a lot of presents, and they loved each one. They were again greatly spoiled by their aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I didn't take a lot of opening presents pictures because I was just enjoying watching them and watching their excitement. There is nothing better than kids on Christmas morning.
The rest of the day was just spent hanging out together and enjoying each other's company. Then we all got dressed and went to see the new Disney movie Tangled.
We finished up our Christmas back at my parents house eating leftovers and watching Toy Story 3 which Morgan got in her stocking. It was a relaxing end to a fun weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment