It is true what they say. In childrearing, the days are long but the years are short. My first baby turned eight today. And while some days are hard, I can't believe it has been eight years since I held my first baby for the first time.
We celebrated Bailee's birthday with my family on Sunday. Trudy was in town, so it was the perfect time! We went over to my parents house where Kim and Sean joined us. Then we all had lunch and then cake and presents of course.
Bailee has recently discovered a love of legos this year. Make that a lego Star Wars set, and she's in heaven. She got a set from Trudy on Sunday, so this is how she and Ben spent Sunday afternoon.
Today we celebrated again with just the four of us. We had soccer practice tonight, so afterwards we had cupcakes and more presents.
Happy birthday to my Bailee. You love to laugh and love to have fun. Your imagination is boundless. You loooooove Star Wars and talk about it all the time. I hope you don't notice how often my eyes glaze over. :) But even though I hear the same thing over and over about this episode or that episode and even though listening to you sing the song over and over makes my head feel like it might explode, I love that you want to talk to me about the things that you are interested in. I hope that you always want to talk to me.
I love you so very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment