We had a lot of fun this Halloween weekend! Bailee wanted to be Smurfette, and Morgan wanted to be Princess Leia. I thought Smurfs would be such a fun and easy family costume, so I started trying to convince Morgan that she should be a smurf instead. It wasn't working. I even tried suggesting that she could be a smurf dressed up like Princess Leia. She thought that was dumb, and she was right. I certainly wasn't going to force her to be something that she didn't want to be since it really wasn't that big of a deal. Bailee reeeeealy wanted us to all be matching though, so she was pretty bummed about this. At the very last minute, Morgan decided to go ahead and join us in our smurfiness.
I made the hats, tails, and Bailee's Smurfette dress. This was a true labor of love since I hate sewing. I found the rest of our costumes at various places around town. So here we are...
| Clumsy, Grouchy, and Smurfette |
Ben was such a great sport. He let us dress him up as Papa Smurf. He told me later that he was a little embarrassed by it, but he can't say no to his girls. :)
Ben won funniest adult costume, and Morgan won funniest kid costume.
On Sunday afternoon, we carved our pumpkins. Well, maybe I should say that Ben and the girls did that. I did roast the seeds though. Yummmmmmy!!
| The master at work. |
On Monday we went trick or treating with our new friends the Karlssons. The girls got so much candy!!
Now I need to stay out of all that candy. Unfortunately, I'm not doing so well with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment