We were able to put both girls in soccer this fall. In the past we've only done one at a time because it is so expensive, but we decided to play in Middleton this year which was much cheaper.
Ben coached Morgan's team, and she loved having her daddy coach her. She's already asking if he will coach her team next year though I think that Ben would like a break after 3 years of coaching. He said a few times while watching Bailee's games that he enjoyed just being a parent.
Both of the girls were the tallest kids on their teams. Morgan was about a head taller than anyone else on her team. It was really kinda funny to see my monster kids out there playing with all the little kids.
Morgan is a great little soccer player. I know I'm her mom and all, but she really did well. She scored at least one goal in every game, and she was aggressive. It was a lot of fun to watch her.
Ben did a great job with the kids as usual. He didn't think so, but he did. I had one mom comment to me this year about how patient he was with them. They definitely were not the best team out there, but they improved a lot over the season.
Bailee's team this year was interesting. I was not at all impressed with the coach, but I suppose that happens sometimes when it is on a volunteer basis. Her team almost didn't have a coach, and this guy stepped in at the last moment. I don't think he was happy to be there. There was also a really snotty girl on her team this year who picked Bailee as her victim for the season. It is amazing to me just how downright mean some kids can be. It was rough to watch, but it was a good learning experience for her on how to deal with bullies. She did make a few friends, and I think she had fun. It kinda depended on what day you asked her. Because of her experience, she isn't sure that she wants to play in the spring, so we'll see what happens.
She isn't the most coordinated of players, but she enjoyed being out on the field and being involved in the game. Her favorite position was goalie, and she did pretty well there. It is hard to watch your kid play goalie!! I was nervous the whole time!
She played forward a few times too, though it wasn't her favorite.
She was a great cheerleader for her team, and you could always hear her yelling encouragement at someone.
The weather was wonderful, and the cold held off until the end. I'm very thankful for that. Now our evenings and weekends are free again, and it is so wierd!
1 comment:
Looks like they had fun! I'm so sad we didn't play this year. I think Bailee & Ammon would have been on the same team.
Post a Comment