Last weekend was a very exciting one in this family. It was time to meet little Walter. Trudy was 10 days overdue, and they were going to induce her on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Mom and I decided to drive over to Salt Lake on Saturday night so that we could be there on Sunday for the big arrival. Jeff's sister Sheridan joined us, and we headed out of town around five. She was scheduled to be admitted around 8 but could always be bumped if there were too many spontaneous labors. They said they would know around 6, so we figured we'd drive a couple hours and then just turn around if we needed to. We got the text that they would be admitted, and we kept going.
Around 9 or so, we were informed that she had been contracting off and on during the day and that she was contracting regularly at the hospital. So it appeared that she was already in labor! Yay! Our plan had originally been to get into Salt Lake and sleep at Trudy's apartment and then go spend the day at the hospital waiting for the baby to arrive on Sunday. Well, we ended up driving straight to the hospital instead and didn't leave until around 2:30 am.
| This picture was taken just before we left...we look a little crazed. Well, Amanda does anyways. |
Amanda, Sheridan, and I left to go take a little snooze. Trudy was contracting but hadn't dilated any, so we decided to go rest while we could. Amanda texted me at around 7:30 saying that she was at a 7.5. Yay! I jumped out of bed, woke Sheridan up, and then got ready to go.
Amanda grabbed us coffee and met us at the hospital.
| On about an hour and a half of sleep (I had a hard time sleeping! Too much excitement!) |
We sat around doing what we could to pass the time in the waiting room. And then we got the first text and picture at about noon. Maggie Lucille had made her appearance! The texts started flying!
It was another hour or so before we got to see her. She was (is) so pretty.
We spent the afternoon going back and forth between Trudy's room and the waiting room.
| My first time holding her. Pretty much one of the most awesome things ever. |
| Skyping with Papa. Look at all those electronic devices pointing at her! |
We left on Monday. It was so hard to leave!! I ugly cried. We're talking full on sobs and choking on the sobs that I was trying to hold back. Pretty embarrassing actually. I get to go back next month to spend a little time with her, and I'm so excited!
Welcome to the world, Maggie. You've been born into a crazy family, and you are very loved already. Your cousins can't wait to meet you!
No comments:
Post a Comment