Sunday, September 2, 2012

Surprise!!!

Hey there!  I know, I know, you are shocked to be reading anything new here.  I can't believe I went a full 3 months without a post.  How do I even start to catch up and where do I begin?!?!  We've had a busy summer!  We went swimming, had fun at the park, went swimming, went to Atlanta, went swimming, took a week long camping/exploration trip of Idaho, went swimming, had a girls night while daddy was gone, went swimming, and celebrated Morgan's 7th birthday.  Summer is never long enough for me, but we did have a fun one!

Our big trip this year was our trip to Atlanta to visit Ben's family.  The girls were excited and nervous to ride on an airplane.  Morgan shed a few tears before we left, but she ended up loving it.  We split up with one girl per parent, and it worked out really well.  They each had their own backpack of stuff to keep them busy, and we really had no problems.

  

We spent the time in Atlanta watching the kiddoes play and get to know each other better.  I've always wished that my girls could grow up near cousins, but it just hasn't worked out that way.  We hadn't seen Logan and Kelsey in two years and had never met Ian.  It does make us enjoy the time that we do get to spend with them and not take it for granted.



 
We took the kids to a baseball game.  It was very hot, but a lot of fun.  After the game, there was a great fireworks show.



One of the highlights of the trip for my girlies was Legoland Discovery Center.  The kids got to play with legos, right a few rides, and watch their first 4D movie which they thought was pretty cool.



We had a great time and hope to be able to go again.  Hopefully it won't be 2 years before we get to see these cuties again!
  

No comments: