Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer

Lately I've been feeling a bit down.  Summer is my favorite time of the year, but sometimes I let myself get into a bit of a funk.  I want to travel and go do fun and exciting things with my family, but money and Ben's vacation time doesn't allow for that.  I see people around us going on fun vacations, and sometimes I start feeling a little sorry for myself.  Not that I'm not happy for them, but I wish that I could do those fun things too.  As I was mowing the lawn on Friday and feeling cranky and down, I was reminded that I can still have fun even if it isn't doing a big thing.  The type A in me sometimes gets too glued to my schedule and bedtimes and responsibilities.  Instead of always waiting to be able to do the big vacation, I need to be making memories right now with my family and stop waiting around.  So when Ben got home, I told him that I needed to get out.  We ate dinner and then headed to the greenbelt.


We just walked a couple miles and then played for a bit in the river.  Nothing fancy, but it felt so nice to be outside.







This way that we eat has had great benefits for our family, and I honestly don't want to go back to eating all the stuff that we've eliminated from our diet.  But I also have to be honest and say that I really really miss being able to just stop and grab a snocone or a milkshake, or something from Sonic during happy hour.  I miss it like crazy.  Some of my favorite memories from summers past have to do with surprising the girls with a trip to Sonic or the snocone shack.  But we just can't do that anymore.  And now that Morgan isn't doing dairy, and Bailee isn't doing much sugar, it makes it even harder.  And I miss it.  But on Friday we decided to splurge with a treat from Whole Foods.  And it was yummy.  :)



 Such a fun way to spend a summer evening!


1 comment:

snugglebug said...

I'm glad there are places like Whole Foods where you CAN splurge like you used to at Sonic. I agree that will be hard to give up!