Tuesday, November 12, 2013

This and That

Soccer has ended, and I now find myself with free evenings.  Strange but enjoyable!  Ben has also started his new job which is much closer to home, so we've been able to enjoy more time with him.  It has been quite marvelous.
 
The last week of soccer was a fun one.  Both teams had a parents vs kids scrimmage on the last practice which was a lot of fun.  Here we are getting our game faces on for Morgan's scrimmage.
 
 
Both girls enjoyed the soccer season, and I saw a lot of improvement in both girls but especially in Bailee.  Not only did she improve physically, she also improved socially and was able to be a better teammate this year.  This, in my opinion, is waaaaaay more important than any physical ability, and I am so proud of her.  She even saw it in herself and she told me that she was able to get along better with the girls on her team this year.  This has come about from a lot of hard work and tears, but it is so worth it to watch her mature.  Her coach told me that she fought with him a lot less this year and just did what he said without arguing.  He told me that she hasn't lost her assertiveness, but she is just doing better at controlling it and that he was proud of how far she has come this season.  Which is exactly what I want and is probably THE best thing this mama could ever hear.
 
These pictures are from our last games.  It was pretty chilly for Bailee's game that morning, but it had warmed up quite a bit by Morgan's.
 

 
Morgan found a series of books in the past couple of weeks that she actually enjoys reading.  There are very few books that hold her attention for long, but these did.  In fact, there were several days in a row when this was what the back of my car looked like.
 
 
And I loved it!
 
Morgan has been finishing up her schoolwork early, so when I go to pick the girls up, she is usually waiting for me.  On this particular day, Bailee had about 45 minutes left, so Morgan and I decided to amuse ourselves with some selfies.
 

 
We celebrated Ben's 37th birthday last week.  I can't believe I'm married to such an old man!!  I sure do love him though.  Even if he is A LOT older than I am.
 



 
My parents have been gone the last couple days visiting my new nephew Rocco.  I can't wait to get my hands on him and cuddle with him and play with Maggie.  But that has to wait about a month.  Lucy has been staying with us while they are gone, and things have gone surprisingly well.  Pippa is terrified and has only come out of my room once since Sunday.  Poor thing.  I wonder how long it will take her to come out once Lucy leaves today.
 
Our nightly view.  She is very persistent.
 
 
Where Pippa spends her days.  Poor baby.
 
 
 
And you are now caught up on our lives.  :)
 


No comments: