I am married to a great guy. I was reminded again while the girls and I were sick last week.
He has been pretty stressed out at work lately. Times for the homebuilding industry are not good, so the company has had to lay off most of the office staff. Now one of the remaining three is leaving which will leave Ben and one lady to do all the work. It is tax season, so he is busy with all that. His grandma died two weeks ago, and we went down to California which ate into valuable work time. Then add a sick family to all that. Enough to make anyone want to just run and hide. But he didn't. He made time during the day to bring the girls movies to watch so that I could doze on the couch and not have to listen to the same old Dora movie. He came home with pizza so I didn't need to cook and got the girls in bed. Then he went to the store because we were out of food. All this while I laid on the couch wrapped up in a blanket for a couple days. It is really hard to be sick when you have little kids. Especially when they are sick too so you are up with them all night. But knowing that you have someone coming home that will willingly take over helps get you through.
And to top it all off, he tells me that he thinks that I'm beautiful everyday. What more could a girl want?
He has been pretty stressed out at work lately. Times for the homebuilding industry are not good, so the company has had to lay off most of the office staff. Now one of the remaining three is leaving which will leave Ben and one lady to do all the work. It is tax season, so he is busy with all that. His grandma died two weeks ago, and we went down to California which ate into valuable work time. Then add a sick family to all that. Enough to make anyone want to just run and hide. But he didn't. He made time during the day to bring the girls movies to watch so that I could doze on the couch and not have to listen to the same old Dora movie. He came home with pizza so I didn't need to cook and got the girls in bed. Then he went to the store because we were out of food. All this while I laid on the couch wrapped up in a blanket for a couple days. It is really hard to be sick when you have little kids. Especially when they are sick too so you are up with them all night. But knowing that you have someone coming home that will willingly take over helps get you through.
And to top it all off, he tells me that he thinks that I'm beautiful everyday. What more could a girl want?
No comments:
Post a Comment