So I have to tell you about my day last Wednesday. The girls and I were snuggling in bed a little late that day when I got a phonecall from a friend of mine. She wanted to know if we would like to meet her at the Garden City Library around ten for storytime. That was an hour away. Of course, I say yes and start the mad dash to get everyone clothed, fed, and out the door in a half hour. I don't know what I'm thinking when I decide this is possible. Anyways, I threw clothes on myself and decided to skip a shower for the day. Gross, I know, but it was the only way we were going to possibly make it. I got clothes on the girls, ran a comb through their hair, grabbed granola bars for the car, and ran out the door. We were only five minutes late and we joined the cirlce of kids and moms. Then I saw Katherine Jones from the Idaho Statesman there with her camera. I about died. Of all days!! Then I thought, "Well, they won't publish any pictures of us since Kim is the photo editor, and we are family." Bailee was the most animated kid there, of course, and I noticed that the camera was pointed in our direction an awful lot. Well, I got a phonecall later that day and found out that they were going to run the pictures anyways because they were the best. So from now on, I will never leave the house without a shower, and I'll make sure that the girls always look their best. Yeah, right!!
Here is the link if you want to look:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/life/story/265596.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You guys look great for only half an hour! I'm impressed! I love those days of sleeping in!
Post a Comment