When was the last time you just laid on a blanket and looked at the stars? Bailee asked to do that tonight, and I honestly don't know when the last time I did that was. The sky is so awesome! Living out here in Star, you can see quite a few stars since there aren't as many lights around. I was again amazed at the awesome world that God has given us to enjoy. Bailee and Morgan kept saying, "Wow!! Look at that one! Mom! Do you see that really big one??" I go about life forgetting all the amazing things around us. I get so busy with life that I don't do things anymore like look at the stars. Maybe that is one of the reasons God gives us kids. They bring those things to our attention again and make us appreciate God's awesome creation. And we can look again in wonder at things like stars.
When I consider Your heavens,
the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars,
Which You have ordained,
What is man that you are mindful of him,
And the son of man that you visit him?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What an awesome thing to do! I don't think we have stopped and really looked at the stars since we were camping in Colorado last summer (because you can't help but see them, it is amazingly dark w/no city lights anywhere in sight!!) I agree w/you on kids seeing the simple but amazing beauty all around us!
Post a Comment