We went camping again this weekend. The first half was a lot of fun. We played horseshoes and washers, swam in the lake, went for a walk, and ate smores and a lot of other junk.
By the time this all happened, it was dark and around 10:30 pm. If you remember the last time Bailee got the stomach flu, you will recall that she screamed every time she threw up. So we had to decide whether or not to stay at camp and let the whole campground stay awake with us, attempt to make it home and possibly have to stop off and let her throw up every few minutes in the dark, or try to get a hotel room that would more than likely cost a fortune. We decided to go the hotel room route and try to make it there before she started throwing up. Well that didn't exactly hapen because she started throwing up just before we got her in the car. Ben got us a room at the Super 8 in McCall, and we headed down there. We walked into the room, and I immediately said, "Absolutely not!" I counted 17 big old moths in the room. GROSS!!! I was NOT going to pay $120 to stay in a room with moths! So they gave us another room. I only counted 5 moths in this one. And their response to all of this???? "Well, we don't have screens in the windows so all the rooms probably have moths." WHAT? Disgusting!! So my advice...never stay at the Super 8 in McCall! We quickly checked out and went to Holiday Inn Express. MUCH better. It smelled better, looked cleaner and classier, and it was cheaper. Anyways, Bailee didn't throw up again, but she did moan in her sleep a lot. Translation - I got very little sleep as I kept waking up and reaching for the bowl every time she moaned. She was feeling much better today but still running a fever, so we headed home.
We had only got about 20 minutes or so out of McCall when she started screaming again that her tummy hurt. Ben pulled over as fast as he could, and he and I both jumped out of the car. He grabed the bowl, and I went to get her unbuckled and out of the car. Then she told me that she needed to go to the bathroom. So there we were at the side of the road (there were no trees) as the runs hit. I know it's gross. Thanks to my mom we had this big metal pot that she could use. Don't worry. I'll bleach it many, many times. So we finally got back on the road and about an hour later Morgan started making gagging noises like she was going to throw up. Ben pulled over quickly again and we let her get out for a while. I think she was just a little car sick. She didn't throw up, and we were on our way again. We are finally home now and hoping that Bailee will be the only one to get this bug!!
2 comments:
Between you guys and my sisters...I am not sure when I will go camping with my young children again. :) I am a wimp.
Oh the joys of parenthood! I hope Bailey is feeling better and nobody else gets ill. I remeber my Dad took us all camping one time and Becki got sick. It was in the tent, oh so nasty! Yuck, that's no fun.
Post a Comment