Bedtime cuddles
And then, very early Sunday morning, Bailee got sick. AGAIN!!! She woke up around 5:30 complaining about a bad headache. She was complaining pretty loudly, and I told her that she needed to be quieter because I was afraid she was going to wake everyone up. I was stroking her head and her arm trying to calm her down. She just kept crying and throwing her body around saying, "My head hurts, my head hurts!" And then I felt it coming before I heard it. Yep. She started throwing up. I whispered, "OH NO!!!" and my dad instantly had the light on. (We were sleeping in the tent trailer with them.) Luckily I remembered where Mom kept the trusty pan that we used two weeks ago when she got sick. Ugh. We got her cleaned up and everyone went back to sleep. We slept for a few hours and then she woke up saying that she needed to go potty. So she and I got up and were searching for her shoes when she grabbed her head again and leaned it on the counter. She was quietly fussing about how much it hurt when she started throwing up again. So she and I spent Sunday morning hanging out in the tent trailer. She didn't throw up anymore and didn't really seem to run a fever. Thanks to Sarah we had Tylenol on hand, so once her headache went away she seemed fine. Everyone else headed to church, so we sat and read a book that Mom had brought. I actually kinda enjoyed snuggling up together while I read to her. It's too bad she wasn't feeling well. We decided to head home a day early just in case she really was sick. She is totally fine today, so we're thinking that she is allergic to camping.
1 comment:
I really recommend you keep a food diary of everything she eats. Every single thing in every single dish, every ingredient, and then compare against when she's sick. Headaches accompanied by stomach problems can be food allergy related, especially if they start happening more frequently. If she's throwing up and/or constipated (I assume that's what you mean by she said it hurt to go), then the food diary can really help. Or you can go get her a celiac blood test or send a stool sample to Enterolab.
Post a Comment