Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

So Christmas has come and gone, and you were all probably wondering if I had forgotten to post, right? I didn't get many pictures. I love having pictures, but I'm really bad at taking them because I love to just enjoy the moment with the girls and before I know it, we're all done opening presents and I have no (or very few) pictures.

We spent Christmas at my parents house. It all started Christmas Eve when we, Amanda, Trudy and Jeff all spent the night over there. My mom started a new tradition last year of making the girls pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve. This year Morgan's didn't quite fit (WAY too big!) but she loved wearing just the shirt and pretending that it was a nightgown. Bailee's has to be very long as that is the way that she likes it, and my mom always obliges.



Bailee was up by seven, and because my Mom LOVES Christmas just about as much as the girls do, we woke Morgan up so that we didn't have to wait too long. The girls were so cute going in to see if they had anything in their stockings. We don't put presents under our tree until after the girls go to bed so they are always pretty excited to see everything on Christmas morning.

Morgan was a joy to watch this Christmas. She exclaimed happily over every present - even a candy cane from her stocking. She had a Barbie Christmas this year as she had told her aunts that all she really wanted for Christmas was a Barbie of "my very own." She got 4 Barbies, a Barbie car, a Barbie horse and carriage, and many Barbie clothes. She was in heaven!!

Bailee was also excited about her gifts and also excited about giving Ben and I the gifts that she had made for us. She painted a mug for Ben and made a handprint in clay for me. She loves to give and kept the secret very well. She is also learning about being happy for her sister who got a few things that she likes. This is new territory for her as she is used to getting the "cool" toys while Morgan gets the "baby" toys. She is doing pretty well though, and Morgan is usually willing to share.

It was so nice to spend time with all my family. It is funny how much you really appreciate that time as you get older.


Kim and Sean were there too, but I don't have a single picture of Sean and only a bad one of Kim, so I thought that I'd be nice to them and not post them.

I hope that you all had a great Christmas!!

No comments: