Thursday, December 4, 2008

She's growing up

My sweet Bailee is growing up. She started washing her own hair in the bath a few weeks ago and then started putting conditioner in it afterwards and brushing her hair. She's been doing a really good job too, I might add. I caught her a couple weeks ago after her bath totally naked in front of the mirror, singing and brushing her hair. It was so cute I had to call Ben at work and tell him about it. Well, now she has started doing her hair.

This was just before church one Wednesday night.


This one was yesterday.

While I do find this quite cute, it also fills me with some dread. I'm soon going to have to start deciding whether or not to let her leave the house like this or make her change it before leaving. I know that I should just leave it alone, but it is really hard for me. I guess I'm just going to have to get over it and let her express herself. Sometimes.

2 comments:

heatherann said...

It's so hard to know where draw the lines. You want them to be free and express themselves BUT.... Good luck. It's hard to let them grow up.

Unknown said...

Hi there Audrey! I'm so glad you found my blog! How did you come upon it? Are you on Facebook too? It's so good to be able to catch up on all you are doing! So your mom is schooling for you? That's great! I sure wish I had that option. I am looking at kindergarten for Grace next year. It's a tough decision. Say Hi to your family for me!
By the way... she's only a kid once! Her self confidence will boom as she learns to do things herself! (just my two cents!)
Talk to you later!
PS send me your address so I can mail you our Christmas card!