Friday, August 13, 2010

Tink

Tink isn't doing so well.  We noticed a couple months ago that she had started losing weight and that weightloss became dramatic the last few weeks.  I finally took her to the vet last week, and he told me what both Ben and I expected to hear.  There wasn't much they could do.  They could run tests to see if her bloodwork would tell them what was wrong, but he wasn't promising about the outcome.  She is young and likely whatever is causing her weightloss, hairloss, and causing her to be so lethargic was pretty bad.  He pretty much told me that we'd likely spend a lot of money and have a bad outcome anyways.  So he offered to try a few options that were cheaper and may or may not work.  I decided that it was worth a try and we've spent the last week watching her and praying that she'll get better.

We sat the girls down and explained to them that Tink was very sick and that the dr wasn't sure that she could get better.  Morgan took the news okay, but Bailee has really been struggling this past week.  A day hasn't gone by that she hasn't cried and there have been a few nights that I've held her in her bed while she cried.  It breaks my heart to see her so heartbroken.  I see the sadness in her eyes constantly and the tears come anytime anywhere.  I know that it is a lesson in life and death that she has to learn, but it is so hard to not be able to take the pain away.  It has brought about many questions from her about prayer, sickness, and death which have led to some good discussions.  She's growing up and learning the hard lessons that come with that.

They wanted me to take their pictures with Tink just in case we have to say goodbye to her.

 

For now we wait and pray that the medicines work and that God will comfort Bailee no matter the outcome.  It is amazing how much a pet becomes part of your family.  Tink is very much loved.

No comments: