Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A New Mexico Vacation

 We took a little trip down to New Mexico a couple weeks ago to visit Ben's family and to meet our new niece.  We had a lot of fun visiting, playing games, taking family pictures, and doing a little shopping.  Well, maybe the family pictures part wasn't exactly "fun" but they turned out good anyways.

Bailee, Morgan, and Logan hit it off and played great together.  They stayed busy the entire time and my girls were quite tired at the end of our visit.  But isn't that what a visit with grandparents, aunts, an uncle, and cousins should be like?

We all fell in love with Kelsey.  Let me tell you that I left that visit wishing that I could have another baby.  Bailee even asked if we could.  But now that we're home and life is back to normal, I am convinced again that two is enough for me.  I'll just love on any nieces and nephews that I'm lucky enough to be around.





The kids enjoyed playing outside in the pool, playing with water balloons, mowing the lawn with Papa Ken on his riding mower, singing songs with Grandma Sherry, and doing all the fun stuff that kids find to do.








Ben and Adam relived their childhood going through boxes of old toys.  They found their old Nintendo which was a big hit with the kids and the guys found time to play a few games.


Logan actually spoke to me this visit!  That made me happy as last time he wouldn't speak to me at all.  Though he still wouldn't let me take his picture (except for the one above), I did enjoy the little bit of time that I was able to talk to him.  He is so much fun to watch!


We took our time coming home.  We were able to stop this time at the Lincoln Monument in Wyoming.  I've wanted to do this every time we've driven by in the last 10 years, but it has either been dark or way too cold to stop.  This time it was daylight and warm.  We explained the basic facts of Abraham Lincoln to our girls, and they were impressed with how big the monument was although they both thought it looked a little freaky.


 


We spent some time in Park City at the outlet mall (6 hours to be exact.  Yeah, the girls weren't very happy, but I had a blast), and then spent the evening swimming at the hotel.  The next morning we went to IKEA and then headed back home.  We're usually in such a rush to get home that it was nice to take our time this time and really break it up.  The drive is about 22 hours.  Ben and I talked a little about how our trips to visit family are going to change now that Ken and Sherry are moving to Atlanta.  No more driving for us since Ben can't take enough time off to drive that trip.  It will be a new kind of adventure!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What do you mean you can't drive to Atlanta?? Please, it's not THAT far...is it? I can't wait for you guys to come visit us, though!