We decided to get out of town on Saturday. Both Ben and I love to take road trips, and I've always got an itch to travel. Unfortunately finances keep us from doing much traveling. But there are some fun things to see only a few hours from here so we are thinking we may take a few day trips this summer.
We took our third trip to Shoshone falls. I had heard that now was the time to go since we've had so much rain and snow this year. And it was awesome.
No picture does it justice. Although that could partly be because of my crummy camera. We had never seen it like this before.
We took the path that winds up the mountain so that we could see the falls from different angles.
I loved all the rainbows from the light shining through the mist. We could feel the mist far up the trail.
Morgan got tired on our walk, so she and I walked down to the car to get our picnic ready. Bailee wanted to keep going, so Ben took her. Ben took this picture on their walk.
After we ate, the girls found a hill to run down. It was pretty steep and it was fun to watch them run.
Morgan started getting a little daring and running a bit too fast. We started seeing this face a bit more often...
Haha! It made us laugh. She never did fall, but she came pretty close a few times.
We had a great time and started thinking of other places we could go that are within a few hours drive. Yay! More fun little day trips to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment