Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The big cut

Last fall I took Bailee in to get her hair cut and while we were there she learned about Locks of Love.  She has amazing hair (we call it Amanda hair around here) and she decided that this was something that she wanted to do.  We had recently had a friend die a brain tumor and she remembered that his treatment had caused him to lose his hair.  She decided that she wanted a little girl to be able to use her hair.  She grew it out all winter.  It was so long and thick that it needed to be pulled back at all times, even bedtime, or else it would get so tangly.  Sometimes she would cry when I brushed it because no matter how gentle I was, there were inevitably spots that hurt when it was brushed.  She was determined though to follow through on this decision.  Yesterday was the big day.  It was finally long enough (they needed 11 inches) and she was so excited to be rid of the weight and heat of it.

Here it is before...





And here it is after...







And here she is holding her 11 inch ponytail...



She is loving her new cut and the "freeness" that she feels without all that hair weighing her down.  Everytime I look at her, I'm surprised because I think that she looks so much older without it.  And I love how it frames her face.

Morgan also got her haircut.  She is enjoying her new shorter hair, and I'm thinking that this is probably the best cut on her.  She's pretty stinkin cute, if you ask me.  Not that I'm biased or anything.  :)

Here she is before...



And here she is after...


So now we are all ready for summer with our fresh haircuts.  Bring on the sun!!!


No comments: