Last year, Mom and I took the girls on an Idaho history trip. We spent our first night at the City of Rocks and loved it. We decided that we needed to bring Dad and Ben back this year. Ben packed up the car on Thursday morning, and I think that we were both a little shocked that he could make everything fit. Our car is definitely not big enough for trips like this, but we made it work.
I hadn't made any reservations because we have a castle of a tent, and it doesn't easily fit places. I looked online, and it looked like there were lots of places available. However, when we got there, we found that there were very few places available. We did finally find one that was big enough and it had a great view. This picture just doesn't do it justice.
The California Trail runs through the City of Rocks. I just find the history of these kind of places so amazing. One of the rocks we explored is called Register Rock. It still has the names of some the pioneers that they wrote in wagon grease.
One of the first things that we did was to head out on a little hike.
We had just gotten started when Morgan started complaining about her feet. To be honest, I kinda didn't believe her because she tends to whine about every tiny little thing, but Ben quietly told me that she had shown him a spot on the back of her foot that had been rubbing on her shoe. So I sent Bailee and Ben on while Morgan and I walked back to the car so that I could check on her feet. Sure enough, she had several popped blisters on both feet. Poor thing. I realized quite quickly that there wouldn't be a lot of hiking going on. While we waited for Ben and Bailee to come back, Morgan and I played a little Uno in the back of the car.
When Ben and Bailee got back, we headed back to our camp to grab Morgan's flip flops and then we headed back out to explore some more. We couldn't do any long hikes, but we were able to play around on some big rocks.
Poor Morgan had several other injuries over those couple days that included some scratches on her legs, stepping on a cactus, and falling flat on her bottom as she was climbing down from a rock.
She was also our wildlife finder. She was probably most excited about this dead bat.
Don't worry. We covered her hands in hand sanitizer. Ben was not very happy that she picked up a dead bat.
Mom and Dad came up on our second day and stayed a night with us. I didn't get any pictures from that day, but I did get a couple of Morgan waiting for them. She told me that everything would be so much more fun with Grandma.
We had a great time and are planning on making time for a couple more trips next year.



No comments:
Post a Comment