So nothing really blog worthy has been going on lately, but I do have a few random pictures to share.
First off is this lovely picture drawn by the kids in the K-2 class at church that my mom and I teach.
She was playing a game with them and every time they got an answer right, they got to draw a body part on the teacher. Notice the fangs. Apparently she is very scary.
My mom made Morgan some new pajamas. She loves them and says that she feels like a princess when she wears them.

The girls had two weeks of swimming lessons and did so great!! Bailee is quite the swimmer and really just needs time to work on her endurance. She also did awesome on her diving this year. Last year she did belly flop after belly flop, but this year was totally different. I was so impressed and proud of her! She was a lot of fun to watch.
Morgan improved this year too. Last year, her teacher had to push her into the pool every single time. She was terrified to attempt a dive and actually asked if she could skip swimming lessons this year. Ben and I talked about it and decided that not taking lessons was not an option for her. She tearfully started lessons. But she got brave after the first lesson and was determined to dive. She tried over and over and was actually the only one in her class who would even try. Her only problem was that she would pull up just before hitting the water and so every dive ended in some sort of belly flop. She never quite got it down, but I bet she will next year. I was so proud of the way she kept trying.
This right here is my happy place. My morning latte, some flowers, and some sunshine. Pretty much perfection.
I know I keep saying this, but Bailee is growing up. She is starting to notice styles and other things around her and wanting to try new things. Right now she is in love with the side ponytail.
Soccer starts next week. The girls both had to go to soccer evaluations this year. Star's soccer program is growing, but there still aren't a lot of teams, so they wanted to make sure that the teams are evenly matched. The girls enjoyed meeting up with their friends from last year and are ready to start the season.
Morgan's birthday party was today, and she requested a two layered white cake with chocolate frosting. For some reason, I have a really hard time with white cakes. This was the result of my first batch.
Not so good. Luckily the second time turned out great.
We've been enjoying our last few days of summer at the water park. This slide is called The Cliffhanger. It is the newest slide in the park, and it is a big one. And it is freaky. You go into this upright tube where they close the door and then they drop the floor out from underneath you. It is hard to see from this picture but it is an almost vertical drop. Morgan's friend Jordan talked her into going on it. Morgan pinky promised Jordan that she would go down it with her, and I was so very proud of her for keeping her promise even though she was scared to death once she got up there.
I met her at the bottom of the slide, and she was shaking and in tears. Poor thing. We've been talking a lot about keeping promises lately even if it is hard. It is nice to know that she's been listening.
I'm not sure that I'm ready for summer to be over, but it appears that I have no choice. School starts in just three days. But for now, we're enjoying our last days of freedom.











No comments:
Post a Comment