Monday, September 23, 2013

Changes

Every so often I feel the need to change things up around here.  I usually don't much have much if any money to make these changes and so the changes usually involve paint since that is a pretty cheap yet dramatic change to a room. 
 
The first change just involved moving around some furniture.  We've been talking about changing up Bailee's room for awhile because she has wanted a little more room and because she needed a quiet place to do homework.  So we got rid of the big bed and replaced it with a twin.  Luckily we already had a bed frame in the garage.  We also moved the little desk that was upstairs into her room. 
 
Pippa supervising as usual.


 
She loves her new room.  Now we just have to decide what we'll do with guests when they visit.  Don't worry.  We're already working on this little issue.
 
Then I decided I needed more change.  I really really want to paint the living room, but I just don't have the money to buy that much paint right now.  Plus it is going to be a ginormous job, and I'm a bit nervous to start.  So I decided to do my bathroom instead.  I had just enough paint left from the kitchen and since I love that color so much, it worked out perfectly!
 
Before:
 
 
Pippa supervised again.
After:
 
 
It is a bit darker in the room with the darker color, but I really like it.  It warmed up the bathroom a lot.
 
My need has been satisfied for now, but it's only a matter of time.  What will I do next???


No comments: