Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Interruption

We interrupt this week of thanks post to bring you a picture of our newest family member Cleo...


I was extremely hesitant to get another kitty after our experience with Jasper.  We had promised the girls after we got rid of Jasper that we would look for another kitty after I had had time to get the carpet and couches all clean and we were fairly certain that the smell of his messes was gone.  We told them that would probably be around Thanksgiving.  Well, honestly, I was content to just stay animaless, but Ben remimded me of our promise, so we headed out kitty shopping.

We hit up the pound, searched the internet, and went to a petstore to see what they had.  I was mainly looking for a female kitten, preferably one that had been in foster care, but nothing that we saw just grabbed me.  We had a few options that I was willing to settle with, but nothing that made my heart melt.  Ben decided to take us to one more petstore, and that's when we met this little cutie.  I knew right away that she was the one.  It may have something to do with how much she looks like Tink.

Our first few nights and days with her have been good, and she seems to be fitting right in.  She is five months old.  The only problem that we've had with her is the first night we let her sleep with us and not locked up in her room.  She was so lovey and cuddly with her loud purring and kneading that neither Ben or I got much sleep.  Last night was much better though.  She seems to be really taken with Ben and slept a large portion of that night and last night on his pillow with him.  Not quite sure how much he likes that, but I think it is pretty cute.  :)

No comments: